ASAHI SUNAC HISTORY
Flexible thinking to adapt to the times
The times are changing so quickly.
That's why we need to read the future and continue to change with flexible thinking.
As the saying "survival of the fittest" implies, we live in a world where those who adapt to the times can survive.
And we will continue to develop as an existence that supports manufacturing based on our creativity,
technology, and the trust we have built up so far.
- Jul. 1942 Asahi Ammunitions Co. founded by Eiichi Okuma (the founder of Okuma Corporation).
- Oct. 1945 Company name changed to Asahi Okuma Co., Ltd.
- Apr. 1958 Begins manufacture and sales of airless spray equipment produced for the first time in Japan.
- Nov. 1959 Begins manufacture and sales of cold headers.
- Feb. 1975 A.O. Co., Ltd. founded, specializing in forging machinery services.
- Sep. 1978 Begins a User Technical School (UTS) for coating machine users.
- Mar. 1979 Nakaya Sangyo Co., Ltd. founded, specializing in manufacture and sales of electrostatic spray equipment.
- Apr. 1979 Coating Technology Center (CTC) established.
- Nov. 1984 Mercury Supply Systems Corporation founded as a trading company dealing in industrial equipment.
- Feb. 1986 Forging Technology Center (FTC) established.
- May. 1986 Asahi America Corporation founded in the USA.
- Mar. 1988 Begins a Forging Technology School (FTS) for engineers of the users engaged in forging machine related businesses.
- Dec. 1988 Taiwan liaison office established in Taichung.
- Jun. 1990 Nakaya Sangyo Co., Ltd. becomes Service Ace Co., Ltd., providing engineering and services for coating equipment.
- May. 1991 AO Machinery Service GmbH. founded in Germany.
- May. 1991 ARDT research facility established in Toledo, U.S.A.
- Jun. 1992 Company name changed to Asahi Sunac Corporation (on the 50th anniversary of the company's building).
- Mar. 1996 NC (New Components) Division launched, beginning business of cleaning devices for liquid crystal and semiconductor.
- Oct. 1997 Kanto Business Establishment established, integrating offices of the Asahi Sunac group in the Kanto area.
- Jan. 1998 ISO 9001 certification obtained.
- Jan. 2002 Takes over powder coating equipment business.
- Feb. 2002 ISO 14001 certification obtained.
- Feb. 2004 CIC (Coating Information Center) established in the Kanto area, using information communication.
- Jun. 2004 Sunrise business union established as a place where experienced skills are shown.
- Jul. 2004 Representative office established in Shanghai, China.
- Nov. 2005 Begins "Asahi Technical School" as a system of cultivating highly experienced technicians.
- Jul. 2006 Tobu Service Laboratory (TSL) established as an experiment facility in the Kanto area.
- Apr. 2007 50th anniversary of coating equipment business.
- Oct. 2008 50th anniversary of forging machinery business.
- Nov. 2010 Founded the wholly owned Chinese subsidiary "Asahi Sunac (Shanghai)"
- Aug. 2013 Asahi Sunac Machinery Service （Thailand）Co.,Ltd. founded in Thailand.
- Feb. 2003 Invention Grand Prix (invention performance award) from the Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation and The Nikkankogyo Shimbun Ltd.
- Mar. 2003 Monozukuri-Brand-Nagoya from the Nagoya Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Apr. 2004 Science and Technology Minister Prize
- Jan. 2005 Aichi Brand from Aichi Prefecture
- Mar. 2005 Technology Development Prize from the Toyota Motor Corporation
- Jan. 2006 New Machine Development Award from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Machine Industry
- May. 2006 300 Vigorous Small and Medium Manufacturing Enterprises from The Small and Medium Enterprise Agency
- May. 2006 Technical Excellence Award (for company) from the Japan Association of Structure Painting Constructors.
- Aug. 2006 Technology Award from The Japanese Society for Abrasive Technology.
- Sep. 2006 Technology Promotion Award from The Japan Society for Precision Engineering.
- Nov. 2007 Governor's Award from the 57th general assembly for the Aichi Prefectural Vocational Ability Development Association
- Nov. 2009 Nov. 2009 Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare Award for Vocational Ability Development in 2009 Nov. 2009
- Nov. 2010 Japan Vocational Ability Development Association Chairman's Award
- May. 2011 JSTP MEDAL from The Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity
- May. 2012 Technical Development Award from the DENSO.
- Jan. 2013 New Machine Development Award Small and Medium Enterprise Agency Director General's Award